Engineering Manager (Railway Precast Segments and Span Erection) – Mexico
A leading European main contractor are seeking an experienced Engineering Coordinator / Manager for a large rail project based in Mexico.
Ping International are partnered with a superb European main contractor who have a superb reputation across Asia, Europe, Middle East and North / South America. Our client are a specialist in main contracting in infrastructure and buildings projects. They have a enviable order book globally and continue to grow Internationally at fast pace.
The role available is a Engineering Coordinator / Manager position that will look after all precast segments and span erection on bridge works relating to a large rail project in Mexico. The project represents one of the main infrastructures of the nation’s capital, and its scope of works includes the prefabrication, transportation and erection of the deck of the elevated railway guideline 3.5km long built on span by span methodology with precast match cast technology erected by means of overhead launching gantries.
Typical responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparing the engineering designs and plans for precast segment and span erection work (define the working methods, risks assessments, work procedures, inspection and test plan, cinematic of construction, construction engineering, temporary works…),
- Assisting Erection Manager on the procurement for specific technical items or subcontract
- Completing structural surveys and site inspections during the erection stages of the project
- Monitoring progress, ensuring that all work activities are conducted as per engineering specifications, documentation and in accordance with RDE/Deal established standards, and providing status and look-ahead reports
- Providing recommendations on improvements to performance, processes,… towards improving efficiencies/productivity, improving HSE conditions and optimisation of equipment and other resources
- Identify possible criticalities and/or diversions and variations from original contract terms or engineering plans, providing alternative solutions and recommendations and determining strategies in addressing challenges;
- Resolving QA/QC and technical issues detected during erection processes with the Technical and QA/QC departments
- Participating to meetings with client and third parties to properly address technical and quality topics (construction methods, handover procedures, etc.)
- Coordinating the project handover process to the client
The ideal candidate will have:
– Experienced engineer
– Degree qualified or equivalent
– Spanish and English language skills
– Strong experience in precast and bridge works
– Expert in technical concrete construction
– Happy to work in Mexico
– Stable employment history with a main contractor
The salary / package
The salary available for this role is paying a NET monthly figure around 5000 euros plus housing, transport, 3 flights per year and paid annual leave (circa 36 days plus travel days). The position can be available on a single or a married status.
To apply for the role or for more information please send your CV in response to this advert.
Ping International Recruitment are a specialist International recruitment agency who work globally. For more information or to subscribe for regular job updates please visit our website.